Date 28 April 2021
Time 17:00–19:00 CET
Registration link https://www.mitcentre.com/book-now/264/265
On the 25th of May 2018, the general data protection regulation (GDPR) became applicable to all EU Member States and considered as the agreed data protection framework.
This regulation seeks to ensure that all the rights falling under one’s personal information are respected and observed by those holding such data. The session presenter will explain the GDPR principles and the various implications of the GDPR in the acquisition, processing, storing and deleting of such personal data.
1. Foundations of GDPR • Right to private life • Freedom of expression • Balance between the two
2. How did we arrive to GDPR?
3. Understanding what is personal data
4. Data controllers and data processors
5. Processing personal data • Special category data • Processing employee data by employers • CCTV recordings in practice
6. How to design a privacy notice • Short privacy notice • Long privacy notice
7. Data Subjects’ rights
8. Security of processing
9. Accountability obligations • Policies and procedures • DPIA • Controllers and processors registers • The role of the DPO • Data breaches and reporting obligations
10. Cross-border data transfers • Adequacy decisions • Appropriate safeguards • Controllers and processors registers • Derogations
11. Supervision and enforcement
During this session we will go through the most important aspects of GDPR and tries to apply it in practice. Participants will enhance their knowledge on the foundations of data privacy as a human right, the road leading to GDPR, understanding of personal data and processing of such data. Participants will also enhance their understanding about data subject rights under GDPR and other obligations they need to follow as controllers or processors.
The webinar is ideal for management of companies processing personal data, Data Protection Officers, students following a data privacy course and other individuals seeking better understanding of their rights under GDPR.
Mr John Mark Caruana
Trainer bio and experience
John has over 10 years of experience within the financial services industry in compliance, MLRO, Directorships of collective investment schemes, FX trading, Hedging, and investment advice. He graduated with Honours in Banking & Finance in 2008 and achieved a Master of Science in Banking & Finance in 2015 where he was awarded an Honors Roll by the University of Malta and best dissertation award by the Malta Stock Exchange. In July 2018, John was the first Maltese resident to be awarded two qualifications in Data Privacy by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) being the Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe (CIPP/E) and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM). John currently holds a position of Head of Compliance within a local Audit Group. He is a fellow member of the Malta Compliance Officers Association (MACO) and a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Enter the destination URL
Or link to existing content